Metro Detroit Ballroom invites you to have fun while learning how to Ballroom and Latin dance!
We combine superior quality, professional instruction, and affordability all in one.There are no contractual obligations; just pay as you go. With group lessons, we pride ourselves in our unique services by making your experience professional, fun, and rewarding.
Meredith Gagnier is a certified professional pro/am competitive teacher and professional dance competitor. Meredith’s professional achievements & training include:
- 2012 Champion Dancing With The Stars: South Oakland Shelter with student David Clapper.
- 2013 1st Runner Up Warren Consolidated Night of Stars with student Brian Walmsley
- Choreographer and Principal Dancer for “Let’s Mambo” a music video by Sean Forbes that stars Academy Award Winning Actress Marlee Matlin and Professional Dancer Fabian Sanchez from ABC’s Dancing with the Stars.
- DVIDA certified pro/am competitive instructor who teaches both American and International ballroom and Latin styles of dance
- Intensive training in American Rhythm, Smooth, Salsa & Performance under World Champion Theatre Arts dancers Tommye Giacchino & Gregory Day
- Collaborative partnership with Champion Gregory Day to help create the fresh & innovative Advanced Salsa Syllabus for Chicago’s famous Chicago Dance studio
- Specializing in Pro/Am Competitions & Showcases
- Dancing since the age of 3 studying jazz, tap, ballet, and contemporary styles of dance. While in high school she danced competitively with Juliana’s Academy of Dance
Meredith is very happy to be back in Michigan after her intensive training in Chicago. She enjoys working with dancers of all ages and skill levels. She loves to teach because dance has been her long time passion, and she cannot imagine doing anything else. Meredith’s greatest joy is watching others fall in love with dancing just like she did. Meredith believes there is nothing more rewarding than watching even the most “dance-challenged” individual turn into a winner on the dance floor, whose newfound confidence and style can light up an entire room.
Dwight DavisDwight Davis started his training in 1994 to present in Hung Gar kung fu,Tai Chi Chuan and Qigong (breath work, meditative health exercises) becoming one of the youngest master teachers (Sifu) in the “Arts”. In 2005-2012 Dwight taught and directed other teachers Ballroom Dancing at a well-established dance franchise and has learned all over the United States and Italy from many dance champions. Through 2007-2008 he and his partner placed in the open finals in multiple dance sport comps and won the rising star rhythm in Washington Dc, as well as winning multiple pro-am divisions (2007-2011). In 2011 Dwight and Mrs. Michigan won 1st place in the “Local Dancing With The Stars” and placed top three 2012-2013 with different partners. Dwight Davis continues to teach/coach the “Arts” and “Ballroom dancing” as well as choreograph his own routines all over Michigan.
- American Smooth – Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Viennese Waltz
- American Rhythm – Rumba, Cha Cha, Mambo, East Coast Swing, Bolero
- International Standard – Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Quickstep
- International Latin – Rumba, Cha Cha, Samba, Paso Doble, Jive
- Club – Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Argentine Tango, Hustle, West Coast Swing, Lindy Hop, Two-Step, Night Club – Two Step, Polka
- Other – Theatre Arts
- Introductory Private Lesson
- Group Lessons
- Social dance skills
- Wedding song consultation
- Entrance and exit to and from the dance floor
- Custom choreography to the music of your choice
- Final pose or dip ending designed for optimal wedding dance photos.
Metro Detroit Ballroom offers dance lessons the following locations
Loretta’s Dance Boutique and Ballroom
3065 Orchard Lake Rd
Keego Harbor, MI 48320
City Style Tango
164 E. Maple Rd.
Troy, MI 48083
Franklin Athletic Club
29350 Northwestern Hwy.
Southfield, MI 48034